Monday, September 5, 2016

I Know

I know.

We all have dreams.
Ones that we wish, ones that we imagine, ones that we truly dream.
Do you ever want to share them?
Do you ever want to share what your subconscious reveals?
I do, yet I am unsure of what you will think or say.
You see, I hear things others don't just by watching your movements.
Just by feeling your emotions.
Because I can.
I was born more sensitive than most. I can hear your thoughts.
I feel what you may not want me to know.
I question what you tell me is truth.
Your emotions are loud. And I hear them.

Some people understand words, math, composition, codes, etc.
I understand those deep things that you feel like you need to hide.
Those things sing melodies in my brain and equate to language all my own.

So say what you will.
I need to hear it.
I need to hear your melody.
I want to find your song.
Because I can.
I was given that gift.
I have full comprehension and acceptance of what I am meant to be.

After all, it is all for you.
That is my predestination.
Call it divine decree or misfortune.
But I see you though you do not show.
I hear you, though you do not say.

Don't worry. I won't judge.
How could I?
I have both the benediction and misfortune.
But I see in my cards, I am mindful.
I honor your thoughts.
I make them my own so I can walk in your shoes.
So I can feel what you feel.
I need to.
It is how I work.
My mindfulness is my good fortune.
I think...

No comments:

Somewhere Inside

  • I keep all of Sophie's drawings.
  • The cleaning bug doesn't usually bite me but when it does it is usually all out. I go overboard.
  • I love things that touch my heart.
  • I love a good heart wrenching book or movie.
  • I believe in fairy tales.
  • I wish I could let go of all of my insecurities and live completely free.
  • I feel like I get on people's nerves.
  • I want to be noticed but I don't like attention.
  • I have trouble sleeping - too many thoughts and fears.
  • Music makes my soul feel free.
  • I can be terribly stubborn.
  • I can be judgemental
  • Mountains make me happy.
  • I secretly wish I could afford to focus my energy on some type of art and my family, not a "job".
  • I often feel out of place or irrelevant.
  • I enjoy detail specific activities.
  • Sophie can make me the happiest person in the world and break my heart so completely - all in the same instant.
  • Chris can do the same thing.
  • I can read a day away.
  • Friendships are hard for me.
  • Philosophy intrigues me.
  • I love Willie Wonka.
  • I fear early death.
  • I wish my mother could be here.