Monday, September 5, 2016

A Merry Go Round

A Merry Go Round

Boys are so different.
They ask too many questions yet never the right ones.
I find myself resenting your lack of understanding.
But I understand your lack of knowledge.
I can't ask you to get me.
I can't ask you to know.
I can't even ask you to really hear my words.
It it only what YOU want to hear.
We like the same things.
It's why we fell in love.
You made my heart race then jump right into your soul.
I have never left.
I am happy here but I wish you could still see and hear me.
I wish I could still be the girl that you loved.
The one who went to concerts with my hair crazy because you liked it when it dried by itself.
The one you kissed, just behind my ear, because you thought it was the very thing to do.
It was.
It still is.
Where is that girl whose hand you took everywhere we went?
When did my words lose their volume?
How did I get to a place where you choose not to see me?
I try to open you up but you close me off.
You don't know that girl anymore.
You don't want to.
You see a different person.
She is not me.
She is not me...

No comments:

Somewhere Inside

  • I keep all of Sophie's drawings.
  • The cleaning bug doesn't usually bite me but when it does it is usually all out. I go overboard.
  • I love things that touch my heart.
  • I love a good heart wrenching book or movie.
  • I believe in fairy tales.
  • I wish I could let go of all of my insecurities and live completely free.
  • I feel like I get on people's nerves.
  • I want to be noticed but I don't like attention.
  • I have trouble sleeping - too many thoughts and fears.
  • Music makes my soul feel free.
  • I can be terribly stubborn.
  • I can be judgemental
  • Mountains make me happy.
  • I secretly wish I could afford to focus my energy on some type of art and my family, not a "job".
  • I often feel out of place or irrelevant.
  • I enjoy detail specific activities.
  • Sophie can make me the happiest person in the world and break my heart so completely - all in the same instant.
  • Chris can do the same thing.
  • I can read a day away.
  • Friendships are hard for me.
  • Philosophy intrigues me.
  • I love Willie Wonka.
  • I fear early death.
  • I wish my mother could be here.