Friday, August 22, 2008

The Art Of Life

How many times have you stepped back from you life and really looked at it? Is it really that bad? Do you really have that much to complain about? Is there really as much bad as everyone says there is?

I don't think so. There is too much good that we are missing by all of the complaining, groaning, fussing, and overlooking we do everyday. I find myself stopping my life and looking around. I see so many wonderful things I didn't see before. The cloud shapes and movements, dew drops on a leaf, a rabbit in the yard, the completely wonderful sounds and sights of nature.


Art is everywhere. Sophie and I were talking the other day about rainbows and she so eloquently said "the whole world is a rainbow". If you look around, it really is.


People are colorful as well. Everyone paints their own rainbow that is reflected from oneself. You connect with people who create similar colors to yours and you shy away from ones whose colors conflict with yours.

What about the art of simple laughter? When was the last time you really guffawed?? I amtrying hard to laugh more. Sounds crazy when you have to say you are trying hard to laugh but sometimes you have to make an effort to find humor. It would be reommended for everyone to do so. You remember how light you feel when you laugh. Like Charlie and his Grandpa on Willy Wonka in the bubble room. Find something that amuses you and then find something else. Keep looking for those little things that make you bubble.

As for love...well that is my most favored form of art. There is nothing like allowing yourself to be loved. Of course, loving someone truly is terribly emotional but the art of allowing love into your own heart, truly and deeply, is like no other feeling in the world. You find out what trust means, you understand hope, you realize life's meaning and you start to live. Paint that picture then tell me what you see...

No comments:

Somewhere Inside

  • I keep all of Sophie's drawings.
  • The cleaning bug doesn't usually bite me but when it does it is usually all out. I go overboard.
  • I love things that touch my heart.
  • I love a good heart wrenching book or movie.
  • I believe in fairy tales.
  • I wish I could let go of all of my insecurities and live completely free.
  • I feel like I get on people's nerves.
  • I want to be noticed but I don't like attention.
  • I have trouble sleeping - too many thoughts and fears.
  • Music makes my soul feel free.
  • I can be terribly stubborn.
  • I can be judgemental
  • Mountains make me happy.
  • I secretly wish I could afford to focus my energy on some type of art and my family, not a "job".
  • I often feel out of place or irrelevant.
  • I enjoy detail specific activities.
  • Sophie can make me the happiest person in the world and break my heart so completely - all in the same instant.
  • Chris can do the same thing.
  • I can read a day away.
  • Friendships are hard for me.
  • Philosophy intrigues me.
  • I love Willie Wonka.
  • I fear early death.
  • I wish my mother could be here.